On Monday, May 16th, from 9 a.m. to Noon PST, the California Water Data Consortium and co-conveners (listed below) will host a virtual cross-sector gathering to build common ground and collaboration on needs and uses of LiDAR derived products in California.
Goals of the workshop include:
• Launch creation of a common, publicly accessible list of derived product types of interest across sectors, to:
• Stimulate collaboration, where appropriate, on shared derived products
Who should attend: This workshop is designed for communities, local agencies, NGOs, private sector, and governments, including Tribal governments, interested in developing and/or using derived products from LiDAR data. We invite all who wish to use LiDAR derived data products even if you are unable to fund data collection or derived products on your own, in addition to those who collect LiDAR or use derived products in California.
Register here to receive workshop and Zoom information, and to provide us with information that will help inform the workshop’s design. We encourage early registration, by April 22nd, so we are best able to craft the workshop to attendees’ needs. This Eventbrite site will be updated with the agenda and other materials, once finalized.
Co-Conveners (in alphabetical order):
• California Department of Conservation
• California Department of Technology
• California Government Operations Agency
• California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
• California Natural Resources Agency
• California State Association of Counties
• California Water Data Consortium
• Department of Water Resources
• North Coast Resource Partnership
• United States Geological Survey
• Water Solutions Network
• Watershed Research & Training Center