Technical Services: The California Water Data Consortium is soliciting proposals for technical services to develop an integrated groundwater accounting and scenario planning platform (Platform). This project will expand the Groundwater Accounting and Trading Platform, developed by Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), in partnership with Rosedale Rio-Bravo Water Storage District, to enhance the capacity of water managers across California to track water budgets, including water availability and use, and to leverage this information to assess and quantify the impacts and benefits of management actions through an easily accessible groundwater modeling decision-support tool. The Platform will serve as an optional and freely available resource that groundwater sustainability agencies (GSAs) can leverage to help meet these requirements at a lower cost and in a manner that facilitates coordination and scaling across broad geographies through partnerships with pilot partners and the use of scalable open-source technology.
Specific project objectives include:
- Developing an integrated groundwater accounting and scenario planning platform (Platform) that GSAs and other interested parties can use to support local water budget decisions and scenario planning to achieve groundwater sustainability SGMA. Achieving this objective will involve integrating the Groundwater Accounting and Trading Platform, developed by EDF, in partnership with Rosedale Rio-Bravo Water Storage District, with the Groundwater Evaluation Toolbox (GET) developed by Olsson Engineering.
- Integrating scenario planning software into the Platform to enable groundwater managers and interested parties to explore different management scenarios under SGMA.
- Integrating relevant groundwater data into the Platform, including groundwater level, use, and well location data
The contracting team must have:
- A minimum of five years of experience developing and working with open-source software and be able to provide examples of in-house software developed.
- Experience working in California water management.
- Experience developing software platforms or tools with stakeholder driven processes
For more information and to see specific tasks, please see the Request for Proposals linked below. All submissions are due no later than end of day, August 22nd, 2022.